Wednesday, December 19, 2012

TOS Galileo Project.

So, I'm going to build an accurate MK-I Shuttlecraft using a card model and reference pictures and screencaps from the series, here's part I, the developement. As you can see below, I've taken the time to change the textures, to give the community a free card model of the same thing I'm working on, Keep on Trekkin! -/\-
Update; The TOS Galileo is just about finished...;)I'm going to be printing this up and doing a build-up as soon as the Transporter room is finished. For the next week, or so I'm going to be working on electronics for this kit and for the new PL TOS 350th Enterprise. However, my electronics kit will NOT cost and arm an a leg, nor will is cost more than the actual kit! Check back often for updates and stay tuned! Keep on Trekkin!
I've dug up some more references for my scratch build and as always, I thought I would share what I've gathered together. I should be starting on the build toot sweet.
Here's part one of the card model. This is the exterior hull without textures and landing gear. All of that will be in part II. http://www.4shared.com/office/Zp62FEH1/Galileo_Part-1.html? New photos of the build below..... Recent work... More recent stuff.... Woohoo! More new cool stuff.... Woohoo!

I'm Waaaaaaaay overdue on updating this. I've had to update a couple of posts today simply because the camera's mem stick is full. It was just about this point that I decided to go with a Studio Scale model. So, I didn't finish the original card model, instead I used it to figure out how I was going to break down the process for making the studio scale shuttle craft. Below you can see some new reference material from the recent restoration of the actual Galileo from the series as well as some laser cutting patterns and some scale shots using the rescaled version of the card model. As always "Keep on Trekkin! =/\= ;)



Woohoo! Finally an update... Sorry folks, been really spread a little thin lately. Here are a few pics, will have HD video soonest.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good, did you ever finish part 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, part 2 is done and I have, in fact, been building the full scale studio mock up with some minor adjustments for accuracy.
    I've just got so much going right now that I haven't had time for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, sounds great can't wait to see more, oops guess I have too ;) But hey I know what it's like to get busy. Just miss how you used to keep us posted with your projects on the forums. Glad your still willing to share your tallents with those of us who don,t have as much. Meanwhile I will wait until you get some free time to post some updates. Keep on trekkin' my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rick, yes I still enjoy doing the work and sharing what little I know about things. RE; forums... What can I say? When you've got a dedicated stalker who's sole mission in life is to cause you problems and mobilize their associates to do the same... Well... Everything you say and do is under a microscope and "They" will use anything to try and destroy someone else's brilliance ;)

    ReplyDelete